What is Corporate Social Responsibility?
Corporate social responsibility, or CSR, is a collective term for a corporation’s initiatives to assess and take responsibility for its impact on environmental and social wellbeing of its surrounding areas. CSR may also be referred to as “corporate citizenship” and can involve incurring short-term costs that do not provide an immediate financial benefit to the company, but instead promote positive social and environmental change.* * Investopedia
In 2007, with the promulgation of the Law No. 40 on Limited Liability Companies, Indonesia was the first nation in the world to adopt a mandatory approach to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
The I CAN Foundation believes that CSR activities should promote a lasting impact in order to be true to the philosophy of CSR itself, which is to eradicate poverty, elevate quality of life and sustain the businesses growth.
The I CAN Foundation encourages corporations to shift their understanding of CSR and instead of looking at CSR activities as “costs” see it for what it really is – “investment”. Good CSR activities create a lasting impact that will not only benefit companies in building a positive image, but also the investment in building sustainability for companies by providing future quality employees. Moreover, it provides stability in the area of companies’ operation and prepares a stronger market buying power for everyone.
Our philosophy in making impact through Corporate Social Responsibility activities:
- Cultural adaptability – employing local talent
- Different level of ability – customised programs to meet specific needs
- Low cost programs – generic, localised programs
- Effective logistics: local talent will minimise travel expenses
- Effective and creative delivery and resources – maximise the use of volunteers and available local resources
- To engage as many direct beneficiaries as possible
- To involve beneficiaries who will in turn pass on newly acquired skills
- To sustain minimum support
The I CAN Foundation approaches CSR activities uniquely to meet the needs of each corporation.
Contact us today for a free consultation on how to execute your CSR project effectively!